Monday 10 December 2018

A pool without fear of cannonball jumps

Gran Canaria Adults Only-Hotels | Hotel Sunprime Atlantik View von Thomas Cook (DW/C. Deicke)
I grab hold of the fluffy towel. At the pool, people read the newspaper, work on Sudoku puzzles or check their smartphones. Only rarely does anyone go swimming? The longer they stay under the burning sunburns, the more motionless the guests become: At around noon everyone is lounging in their deck chairs, quietly dozing off.
I remember how my 9-year-old behaved at the pool on our last vacation: First, he ran wildly around the pool, then he performed a splendid cannonball splash and finally began singing loudly. Yes, I think that's amusing - as long as you're not the one responsible for the little person. But as he was my son I had to admonish, discuss, forbid. Unfortunately, children and relaxation frequently don't go together. And holidays are supposed to be relaxing - for parents too.
Now I find myself calmly writing a postcard to my family. Then I start reading a book. After 10 minutes I interrupt my reading - out of habit. I'm so used to having someone asking me to do something for them. But that doesn't happen. What I'm experiencing here is hardcore relaxation.https://youtu.be/djaLsR3RnsA

No comments:

Post a Comment

Massive Elephant Seals Took Over a California Beach During the Government Shutdown and Nobody Can Get Them to Move?

The   government shutdown  may be over (for now), but the work to restore some of America’s sacred outdoor spaces has just begun. For pl...